userstacktrace entries coming out as all zeros

If I do

trace-cmd record -T -O userstacktrace -e all -F lxc-execute -n fedora
/bin/bash

the userstacktrace entries all show up as all zeros, like this:

     lxc-execute-4020  [001]  4365.325591: user_stack:                  =>
(00000000)
        => (00000000)
        => (00000000)
        => (00000000)
        => (00000000)
        => (00000000)
        => (00000000)
        => (00000000)

in trace-report.

According to /boot/config-`uname -r`

CONFIG_USER_STACKTRACE_SUPPORT=y

In my last email to the list I was fooled by a kernel config option that
showed as enabled in /boot/config-`uname r`, but actually couldn't have
been enabled because it was incompatible with another config option. But
Kconfig doesn't show this option being incompatible with anything.