[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [RFC v2 3/5] i2c: Add of_i2c_get_adapter() function
- Subject: Re: [RFC v2 3/5] i2c: Add of_i2c_get_adapter() function
- From: Thierry Reding <thierry.reding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 18:39:37 +0200
- Cc: linux-tegra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Olof Johansson <olof@xxxxxxxxx>, Colin Cross <ccross@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Jon Mayo <jmayo@xxxxxxxxxx>, Terje Bergström <tbergstrom@xxxxxxxxxx>, Lucas Stach <dev@xxxxxxxxxx>, dri-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, David Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxx>, iommu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Joerg Roedel <joerg.roedel@xxxxxxx>, Hiroshi Doyu <hdoyu@xxxxxxxxxx>, devicetree-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Grant Likely <grant.likely@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Rob Herring <rob.herring@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Liam Girdwood <lrg@xxxxxx>, Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ben Dooks <ben-linux@xxxxxxxxx>, Wolfram Sang <w.sang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-i2c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <4F981A09.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.21 (2010-09-15)
* Stephen Warren wrote:
> On 04/25/2012 03:45 AM, Thierry Reding wrote:
> > This function resolves an OF device node to an I2C adapter registered
> > with the I2C core.
> I think this is doing the same thing as a patch I posted recently:
I wasn't aware of that patch.
> What's the advantage of one way over the other?
Both are fine I think. Your version is shorter but mine may be a little
faster since it doesn't iterate over all devices on the bus. Since the
lookup doesn't happen very frequently this isn't much of an issue.
Description: PGP signature
[Linux USB Devel]
[Video for Linux]
[Linux Audio Users]
[Free Online Dating]