Re: Union-FS options

Hi!

I create read-only "thin client images" and diskless boot setups quite
frequently. I have been studying UnionFS quite closely myself. I had a
choice between UnionFS, UnionFSFuse and FunionFS. I chose to try
UnionFS first. Though it is reported to be broken and badly
implemented, among the three implementations this is the one with the
maximum number of users.

I am happy to say that after a month of testing, UnionFS works
perfectly and hasn't given a squeak. I used kernel 2.6.18 on a Fedora
Core 6 system.

Maybe it's time to give it another look. It is such a welcome break
from watching all those mount/umount errors while bootup/shutdown.

Cheers!
Saurabh