Re: Start at recipe for stateless server setup

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 08:04 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
> 	Some of this is on:
>
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StatelessLinuxNFSRoot
>
> 	Feel free to re-organise that stuff into a new page.
I've added 3 new pages.  One for each component:

 1. Server setup
 2. Image creation
 3. Client setup

There's still some holes to fill in (common files for puppet clients,
puppet configuration, stacaccli installation, client imaging code
installation), and I'm sure the verbage could be better.  I'll be
filling in holes as I walk through the entire process, yet again, using
FC6T3.  Screenshots of the image creation steps are also on the TODO
list as well.

StateLinuxNFSRoot, IMHO, needs some serious work.  The Xen related
stuff may still be useful, but at the least the instructions need to
avoid scribbling on /etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd.  If you really want to
write that file, then bind-mount it to some tmpfs storage for the
duration of creating the mkinitrd.

Jeff

[Index of Archives]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Share Photos]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Linux Media]     [Device Mapper]