Re: StatelessLinuxHOWTO

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 18:05 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hey,
> 	I've dumped some of my notes on setting up stateless systems to:
>
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StatelessLinuxHOWTO
>
> 	Very much a work-in-progress, but comments welcome.
Just a general question about how the caching client stuff works.

My understanding is that we record changes to the image at the
block level on the server.   We then distribute those changes
to clients which were using the same image and the clients
merge in the changes.  That basically makes sense.

I think this implies that block #s must match on the server and
client within the logical volume, right?  Which means when we
provision the client we need to inform the client of any/all
options used to create the logical volume on the server so they
can be duplicated on the client, right?

Or am I missing something about how we track changes and
merge them on the client?

Jeff

[Kernel Newbies]     [Share Photos]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Photo]     [Yosemite]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Linux Media]     [Device Mapper]     [Linux Resources]

Add to Google Powered by Linux