Re: sendmail vs stateless

> The idea is that the MUA queues it in its outgoing folder (or
> similar) which would be in the writable homedir.
Some MUAs can be configured to work in this manner (evolution),
but I don't think that we want to force MUA choice and configuration
of the MUA as part of stateless.

IMHO if we force this kind of user visible change as part of
stateless, then we're ultimately going to fail for all the
usage scenarios except clusters.  Stateless shouldn't be
something that affects the user's experience.

> Hm, I'd have to double check our setup. IIRC, sendmail in delivery
> waits until the deliver agent (procmail) finishes before returning.
> So, if you're waiting on the entire recieving process to finish, that
> would cover this.
That wasn't my experience a few years ago, but it's possible the
default configuration has changed.  Waiting on final delivery seems
pretty reasonable, configuration-wise, for a laptop/workstation.

jeff

[Index of Archives]     [Kernel Newbies]     [Share Photos]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Linux Media]     [Device Mapper]