Re: Detect unused header files?

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Michael Stefaniuc wrote:

> Kamil Dudka wrote:

> >> The homepage looks interesting, but where can I download its sources?
> >
> > FYI we figured out with rday off-list that there are no sources available.
> >
> > Please leave a note here if you find them.

> It is a proprietary application that is free as in beer to use for
> checking open source code. But careful as the application phones
> home (see the FAQ). I wanted to use it too on Wine but that stopped
> me.

  while i understand the dislike OSS folks have for that sort of
thing, is there anything fundamentally harmful with what cscout would
be "sending home" WRT the linux kernel source tree?  i'm not arguing
one way or the other -- i'm just wondering if the benefits of running
cscout on the kernel would outweigh the annoyance of how it behaves.

rday

"Kernel Newbie Corner" column @ linux.com:          http://cli.gs/WG6WYX