Re: [GIT PULL] Renesas ARM-based platforms: new boards support for v3.5

On Monday 14 May 2012, Magnus Damm wrote:
> > Also, I would prefer to only see one or a couple of defconfigs that
> > can provide full build coverage for the various SoCs and boards, that
> > would contain the superset of the required drivers to boot the
> > supported boards, etc.
>
> I can check with my superiors if we can phase our sh7367 support. If
> so then we have only A8 and A9 in tree which should be easy to support
> with a single kernel configuration. Does that sound like something
> that would simplify things for you?

I think there is no need to go that far. Just providing a defconfig for
all boards that can already run a common image would be a good step
forward.

Is there a technical reason why you cannot build sh7367 together with
the ARMv7 based machines? Most other platforms that have both ARMv6 and
ARMv7 just build them together, you just can't combine them with any
ARMv4/v5 platform.

	Arnd