- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/10] Fix leaking of kernel heap addresses in net/
- From: Dan Rosenberg <drosenberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 20:20:01 -0500
- Cc: socketcan@xxxxxxxxxxxx, kuznet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, urs.thuermann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, yoshfuji@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kaber@xxxxxxxxx, jmorris@xxxxxxxxx, remi.denis-courmont@xxxxxxxxx, pekkas@xxxxxxxxxx, sri@xxxxxxxxxx, vladislav.yasevich@xxxxxx, tj@xxxxxxxxxx, eric.dumazet@xxxxxxxxx, lizf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, joe@xxxxxxxxxxx, shemminger@xxxxxxxxxx, hadi@xxxxxxxxxxxx, ebiederm@xxxxxxxxxxxx, adobriyan@xxxxxxxxx, jpirko@xxxxxxxxxx, johannes.berg@xxxxxxxxx, daniel.lezcano@xxxxxxx, xemul@xxxxxxxxxx, socketcan-core@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-sctp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20101111.171024.242132239.davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <1289524026.5167.68.camel@dan> <20101111.171024.242132239.davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> This will print zero once a socket enters various closing states or
> similar, since the sk->sk_socket is released and turns NULL.
> Thus making the debugging information next to useless.
> I'm still largely against these changes, and will not apply them
> to my tree.
Would you care to offer any suggestions that would both solve the
problem and be acceptable to you?
If not, then you have committed to leaving a permanent easy target for
exploits. Please think carefully about this.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-sctp" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
[Linux USB Devel]
[Video for Linux]
[Linux Audio Users]
[Free Online Dating]