x86 question ...

 I read that on arm there was a set of patches for using a single
virtual adress space, ( ie. all processes live in the same mapping so
to speak , but still protected ), which greatly reduced context
switching time on that platform, does anyone know if the same would be
true for x86 ( maily x86_64 ).

 I believe the main gain was in not needing to invalidate the caches
or something like that, it came to mind after seeing a paper on
uClinux with rt versus regular linux and the latency times ?
 I have been googling a bit but I not up to date on cache & memory
architecture on both platforms.

 It's easy to se that uClinux would have an advantage :-D ... no  TLB
and such, only directly mapped memory. But would a single adress space
for all processes have the same effect ?

 Just curious ....

 / regards, Lars Segerlund.