Re: [PATCH RT 2/2 v4] preempt-rt/x86: Delay calling signals in int3
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Oleg Nesterov <oleg@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH RT 2/2 v4] preempt-rt/x86: Delay calling signals in int3
- From: Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 15:10:33 -0500
- Cc: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-rt-users <linux-rt-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Carsten Emde <C.Emde@xxxxxxxxx>, John Kacur <jkacur@xxxxxxxxxx>, Masami Hiramatsu <masami.hiramatsu.pt@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>, Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@xxxxxxxxx>, Alexander van Heukelum <heukelum@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Clark Williams <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>, Luis Goncalves <lgoncalv@xxxxxxxxxx>, stable-rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20120203184016.GA10413@redhat.com>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20120203184016.GA10413@redhat.com>
On Fri, 2012-02-03 at 19:40 +0100, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
> Stupid question. Do we really need to send the signal from here?
If we can do it correctly elsewhere, I'm fine with that too :-)
> Why force_sig(rt => T) can't set TIF_NOTIFY_RESUME instead? Then
> we can change do_notify_resume() to check TIF_FORCE_SIG_TRAP. And
> perhaps we can even avoid the new TIF_FORCE_SIG_TRAP, we could
> check task->stored_info_set.
You know the signal code much better than I do. If that works, I'm all
for that too. I really don't like the entry_64 solution, but it was what
I knew would work.
> In fact I feel this can be simplified even more, but I am not sure.
My strengths are in the entry_64.S code, not the signal code, so I fixed
it the best way that I felt. This does not imply my fix is the best. If
we can solve this in a clean way using the existing signal
infrastructure, I'm all for that.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-rt-users" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
[Linux ATA RAID]
[Video 4 Linux]