Re: linux rdma 3.14 merge plans

On 1/8/2014 2:51 AM, Roland Dreier wrote:
On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Or Gerlitz <or.gerlitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Currently there is single patch for 3.14 on your for-next branch, the
usnic driver. With 3.13 being on rc7 and likely to be released next
week, are you planning any other merges for 3.14? we have patches
waiting for weeks and months without any comment from you.
I am definitely planning on merging the new IBoE IP addressing stuff,
since we seem to have solved the ABI issues.

The UD flow steering patches seem good and I will take a closer look soon.

And there are quite a few usnic patches still to pick up.

I'm confident that will all make it.

The data integrity stuff I'm not so sure about.  Sean raised some I
think legitimate questions about whether all this should be added to
the verbs API and I want to see more discussion or at least have a
deep think about this myself before comitting.

Hey Roland,

I don't think that Sean didn't question weather data-integrity support should or shouldn't be added to Verbs API (Sean correct me if I'm wrong), but rather the way it should be added. From our discussion on this, the only conflict that Sean and I had was weather the protection setup should "ride" on ib_post_send. Sean suggested a separate routine that would post on the SQ. I think that in the current framework where placing a fast-path operation is done via ib_post_send, we keep current implementation, and open a discussion if it is a good idea to migrate "non-send" work-requests out of ib_post_send (also fast-registration and memory-windows).

Sagi.