Re: ib_srpt and mellanox mthca device

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 2:09 AM, Roland Dreier <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are you sure you're actually loading the patched module?
> I don't see how it could fail to print something if ib_create_srq()
> fails.  You could try adding a printk() to the very beginning of
> srpt_add_one() and making sure that shows up.
>
> (That would explain why my first patch didn't fix things for you)

Indeed, I just replicated your problem on my system and confirmed
that the patch adding "srq_attr.srq_type = IB_SRQT_BASIC" does
let mthca devices get through srpt_add_one().  I'll get ready to send
that fix upstream.

It seems quite likely you forgot to install the patched ib_srpt module
or something similar.

Thanks,
  Roland