Re: mlx4: kernel 3.4-rc1 breaks libumad

On 4/2/2012 3:51 PM, Or Gerlitz wrote:
can you add these prints and send me the output after attempting to cat the rate file?

okay, on a system which has IB on port 1 and Ethernet on port 2, using this patch
I get these prints:
ib_link_query_port active_speed 4
rate_show ret 0 for ib_query_port dev mlx4_0 port 1 link 1
eth_link_query_port active_speed 4
rate_show ret 0 for ib_query_port dev mlx4_0 port 2 link 2

but if forcing port 2 link layer to be IB as well, which means we will land in ib_link_query_port for an Ethernet port, I get the below

echo ib >  /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:07:00.0/mlx4_port2
ib_link_query_port active_speed 4
rate_show ret 0 for ib_query_port dev mlx4_0 port 1 link 1
ib_link_query_port active_speed 7
rate_show ret 0 for ib_query_port dev mlx4_0 port 2 link 1

So when doing the MAD_IFC port info query command on Ethernet port, the firmware returns the value of seven which isn't among the IB speeds and we are remained with rate=-1 in rate_show
of drivers/infiniband/core/sysfs.c

It should be pretty simple to come with patch to that situation, but I want to better understand
what happens on your system, waiting for the output...

Or.