Profiling Java code running on Sun HotSpot JVM with linux perf

Hi all,

I am trying to profile some java server applications using %>perf
record -a, and as expected the majority of the execution time of these
applications is spent within jit'ed java code.  According to these
lists, the jit should be outputting a /tmp/perf-$pid.map file for each
thread being jit'ed.  The Sun JIT does not seem to have this output
enabled by default.  Does anyone here know what options I need to set
on the command line to get the JVM to output the symbol map files from
the JIT?

Thanks,
Geoff Blake