Re: [perfmon2] How does take use of EventName and UnitMask?

[ + Lin Ming, linux-perf-users ]

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 5:35 AM, Easley <ugiwgh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> EventNum and UmaskValue is control bits, but I can't find which address of msr to wirte.

Try Ming Lin's kernel patch here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1071064

and my patch to link the perf tool with libpfm4:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.linux.perfmon2.devel/2912

Stephane has disabled the uncore event support in libpfm4 (since the
patch is still not upstream yet). But by uncommenting 2-3 lines of
code, you should be able to get uncore events working.

 -Arun