Re: disabling group leader perf_event

 On 09/06/2010 03:29 PM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

So what you're basically trying to do is create some histogram of
exit_reason?
Yes, exactly.
One thing I thought of, you can use the unfiltered kvm_exit event as
leader, that will give you the total number of events, which, esp. when
you create partial histograms, is useful to figure out how much you
missed.

Yeah - and the aggregate kvm_exit count is the single most important metric for kvm. We do count it regardless of whether we want the individual exit_reasons or not.