Re: Info: mapping multiple BARs. Your kernel is fine.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Stephane Eranian <eranian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Guys, this still triggers in -rc1. Do we have a fix or something
>>> testable at least?
>>
>> Hi Boris,
>>
>> Can you try the patch below?
>>

>> PNP: Work around Haswell BIOS defect in MCH area reporting
>>
>> From: Bjorn Helgaas <bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Work around a Haswell BIOS defect that causes part of the MCH area to be
>> unreported.
>>
>> MCHBAR is not an architected PCI BAR, so MCH space is usually reported as a
>> PNP0C02 resource.  The MCH space was 16KB prior to Haswell, but it is 32KB
>> in Haswell.  Some Haswell BIOSes still report a PNP0C02 resource that is
>> only 16KB, which means the rest of the MCH space is consumed but
>> unreported.
>>
> Why are you saying this is Haswell vs. others. I see the problem on my
> IvyBridge laptop, like Boris.

Ah, good question.  Somewhere I got pointed to the Haswell docs, which
say 32KB.  I don't know what other parts have 32KB MCH spaces.  If we
could figure out a list of device IDs with 32KB spaces, we could add
that to the quirk.

But I don't know how to come up with a complete list.

Bjorn