Re: OMAP4 errata i740

On Friday 30 March 2012 03:53 PM, Cousson, Benoit wrote:
> On 3/30/2012 10:44 AM, Santosh Shilimkar wrote:

>>> How about preventing the issue to occur by keeping DSS and ISS in
>>> No-standby mode for the affected OMAP versions. The errata says:
>>>
>>> "Such a situation can occur when the impacted initiator is generating
>>> short MStandby pulses (pulse durations less than one L4 clock cycle)"
>>>
>>> Chaning the mstandby hwmod data for DSS and ISS would prevent the need
>>> for exporting these clock domain functions only for this errata.
>>>
>> That will just break PM :-)
>
> Not at all. At least it will not be worst than the current WA.
>
> I think Archit is right, at least this is the exact same question I'm
> asking to the designers :-).

Am not sure what do you mean by here. What Archit said is statitically
setting up DSS/ISS sysnconfig to no standby. It will definitely break
PM.

The WA was doing runtime this with clockdomain APIs. If you say manage
the sysconfig runtime in driver, then it will work.

>> With this change DSS will never assert standby and then PRCM can never
>> send idle-req to modules. Indirectly no power transitions.
>
> This is exactly what will happen if you set the clock domain in NO_IDLE.
> So in any case, you cannot have autoidle during the

Guess I was not clear. The idea was to put CD in no_idle
when DSS active and allow idle when not active.

Looks like you saying OK to hack sysconfig for which we have
been pushing back on drivers not to do it. Ofcourse errata
and various reset bugs have broken that rule anyways.

Regards
Santosh

Regards
santosh