Re: [GIT PULL] ARM: OMAP2+: PM: core support for SMPS regulators for v3.4

Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The branch itself is essentially stable but I'm not enthused about the
> idea of merging the whole thing via the OMAP tree.

Right, I wasn't suggesting we merge it via OMAP tree.   I was just
looking for a stable point we could use as s dependency when merging
everything together for the arm-soc tree.

> However, as Linus has released an -rc7 I should pull some stuff out of
> there and send fixes to him so I've created a topic/twl so let's just
> rebase.

OK.

>> > In general you should warn people if you've got a dependency on their
>> > tree, it makes life easier.
>
>> Yeah, I should've raised this when the original series were posted.  The
>> arch stuff and drivers/regulator stuff were posted all together, but you
>> picked out the regulator stuff and I picked up the rest.
>
> Actually IIRC by the time I applied this the ARM changes had been
> totally deteched from the regulator stuff - Tero was sending just the
> regulator patch by itself and I actually applied the patch it was part
> of a twl regulator series Rajendra put together after I got fed up with
> the number of people sending me incompatible changes without talking to
> each other.  I'd completely forgotten about any arch/arm stuff.
>
> This sort of issue is becoming far too common with the OMAP stuff, there
> needs to be a much greater awareness of the need to coordinate both
> between trees and with multiple people working on the same code.

Completely agree, hence this email trying to work this out before the
merge window.

Thanks for this topic branch.  We'll ask for it to be included as a
branch in arm-soc/depends/* so that OMAP voltage core changes will build
there as well as in linux-next.

Thanks,

Kevin