Re: N810: latest linux-omap-2.6.git master

* Jarkko Nikula <jhnikula@xxxxxxxxx> [090518 23:41]:
> On Tue, 19 May 2009 00:09:20 -0500
> "Luke-Jr" <luke@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Yes, that change seemed to get me booting... however, with "rc6", the
> > keyboard no longer works *at all*, and in neither rc4 nor rc6 does
> > p54spi actually work.
> >
> For me keyboard still works as partially (commit
> 0b2ce840c9fb58cf489bfdfc2d77f99a09a5dca3). I wonder what have caused it
> to break during 2.6.30-rc since at quick look I don't point any special
> from Tony's "Extra omap code in linux-omap tree" patches and patches
> before those are from February?
>
> git whatchanged arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-n800.c
> git whatchanged drivers/input/keyboard/lm8323.c

While waiting to get things in sync with mainline, something like this
might be handy too:

$ git diff omap-2.6.28..master -- arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-n800.c

> > Tried setting up g_ether, but for some reason I couldn't get it to
> > auto- configure (via Gentoo's boot scripts) for rc6.
> >
> For me it works but usually only if cable has been plugged in while
> booting. Same with Beagle as well. Any idea from MUSB guys?
>
> > Is anyone actually trying to work on or maintain N8x0 support?
>
> I think N8x0 support is a little bit behind from other boards. Lot of
> active development is going around on newer and more open platforms like
> Beagle and not all patches are necessary tested on N8x0 (or other boards
> too!). Of course active hacker base helps to point out breakages.

We should try to get the board-n8x0 stuff in shape for mainline maybe
the next merge window after this, anybody willing to spend some cycles
on preparing the patches against the mainline tree?

Tony