Re: wrong parsing to /proc/self/status causes wrong out-of-range errors

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 08:55 -0500, Cliff Wickman wrote:
> Hi Brice,
>
> Thanks for the fix.
>
> I tested it on ia64.
> It is now part of numactl-2.0.3-rc2.tar.gz at
> ftp://oss.sgi.com/www/projects/libnuma/download/
>
> BTW,
> Andi, Lee and all,
> We have no established release schedule that I'm aware of.
> 2.0.2 was Aug08
> There are about 14 fixes accumulated in 2.0.3 rc1 and rc2.  But only
> a trickle of small changes lately.
> I'm inclined to announce it as 2.0.3, if you have used it and are
> satisfied that it's stable.

Hi, Cliff:

I have been using/testing 2.0.3-rc2 for a while.  I have accumulated a
couple of patches which I've been remiss for not posting.  They sort of
got pushed way down on my stack.  One involves cleaning up what I
perceived as bitmap leaks, but included some unrelated cleanup.  I've
meant to separate them out.  One actually addresses the Cpus_allowed
parsing that Brice fixed.

A while ago I sent a copy to Kornilios Kourtis [off list] to see if he
was interested in moving them.  He did make some mods, which I've been
too distracted to check out :(, but KK was also too busy to dedicate
much time.  I can try to spend some time tomorrow reviewing Kornilios'
version and my other patches [nothing serious, as I recall], and send
them on--before the weekend, I would hope.

Or I could send you what I have as a heads up and work with you to
finish testing/cleanup/...  Let me know your preference.

Apologies for letting this slide,
Lee

<snip>