Re: Additional Kernel Numa Man Pages

Cliff,

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Cliff Wickman <cpw@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 12:04:46AM +0200, Michael Kerrisk wrote:
>> Hi Lee
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:54 PM, Lee Schermerhorn
>> <Lee.Schermerhorn@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Michael:
>> >
>> > The numactl package contains two man pages that describe core kernel
>> > features.  These are:
>> >
>> > move_pages.2 - system call doc.
>> >
>> > numa_maps.5 - /proc/<pid>/numa_maps documentation.
>> >
>> > IMO, these should be moved into the kernel man pages sources.  All the
>> > other man pages in the numactl package describe user space libs and
>> > tools, so I think they should stay with the package.
>> >
>> > What do you think?
>>
>> Thanks for bringing this up Lee.  I'ts been on my TODO list for a
>> while to do exactly what you suggest.  Can you remove these from the
>> numa package, and send the current versions to me?
>
> Fine with me.  Let me know when you take them, if you will.
> I will remove them from the numactl package.
>     ftp://oss.sgi.com/www/projects/libnuma/download/

I have taken move_pages.2 into man-pages, and made a number of edits
(wording, formatting, grammar, spelling, added a few details)-- it
will be in release 3.07 (real soon now).

numa_maps.5 has been incorporated into proc.5 (witha few edits), again
to be released in man-pages-3.07.

thanks,

Michael

--