RE: nilfs_cleanerd Function not implemented

Hi again,

Just reporting back my results...

>>  I read the source code of sem_open() in glibc and found that

>>  sem_open() fails if there is no tmpfs (former shm fs) mount in the
>>  system.
>>
>>  According to your strace log, your /dev/shm is mounted with "ramfs"
>>  whose magic number is 0x858458f6.  This looks the cause of the error.
>>
>>>   statfs("/dev/shm", {f_type=0x858458f6, f_bsize=4096, f_blocks=0,
>>>   f_bfree=0, f_bavail=0, f_files=0, f_ffree=0, f_fsid={0, 0},
>>>   f_namelen=255, f_frsize=4096}) = 0
>>
>>  Try following kernel configs to enable tmpfs and mount it to
>>  /dev/shm instead of using ramfs.
>>
>>  - CONFIG_SHMEM
>>        Generic setup ->
>>          Configure standard kernel features (expert users) ->
>>            Use full shmem filesystem
>>
>>  - CONFIG_TMPFS
>>        File systems ->
>>          Pseudo filesystems ->
>>            Tmpfs virtual memory file system support (former shm fs)
>
> You are right. I was using ramfs and when I tried with CONFIG_SHMEM
> I still used ramfs, so right now I am compiling a new kernel with
> both CONFIG_SHMEM and CONFIG_TMPFS. I will report my results when
> I have tried the new kernel.

That did it! Both CONFIG_SHMEM _and_ CONFIG_TMPFS are needed.
I now have a new firmware image for my project and nilfs is
working as expected.

Due to the nature of the project, nilfs_cleanerd is not started when
the FS is mounted (in the initramfs). Instead it is supervised with
runsv(dir), so I start nilfs_cleanerd with -n to keep it from forking.
I hope this is the proper way of running nilfs_cleanerd under a
supervisor?!?

Thanks again!
/S-G