Re: Optimal NFS mount options to safely allow interrupts and timeouts on newer kernels

On Mar 6, 2014, at 11:16 AM, Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mar 6, 2014, at 11:13, Chuck Lever <chuck.lever@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Is that the royal ‘we’, or are you talking on behalf of all the QA departments and testers here? I call bullshit…
>>
>> If you want to differ with my opinion, fine. But your tone is not professional or appropriate for a public forum. You need to start treating all of your colleagues with respect, including me.
>>
>> If anyone else had claimed a testing gap, you would have said “If that were the case, we would have a blatant read bug” and left it at that. But you had to go one needless and provocative step further.
>>
>> Stop bullying me, Trond. I’ve had enough of it.
>
> The stop spreading FUD. That is far from professional too.

FUD is a marketing term, and implies I had intent to deceive. Really?

I expressed a technical opinion, with a degree of uncertainty, just like everyone else does. People who ask questions here are free to take our advice or not, based on their own experience. They are adults, they read “IMO” where it is implied.

It is absolutely your right to say that I’m incorrect, or to clarify something I said. If you have test data that shows "ro,soft,tcp" cannot possibly cause any version of the Linux NFS client to cache corrupt data, show it, without invective. That is an appropriate response to my remark.

Face it, you over-reacted. Again. Knock it off.

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com