Re: Optimal NFS mount options to safely allow interrupts and timeouts on newer kernels

Andrew Martin wrote:

  > From: "Jim Rees" <rees@xxxxxxxxx>
  > Given this is apache, I think if I were doing this I'd use ro,soft,intr,tcp
  > and not try to write anything to nfs.
  I was using tcp,bg,soft,intr when this problem occurred. I do not know if
  apache was attempting to do a write or a read, but it seems that tcp,soft,intr
  was not sufficient to prevent the problem.

I had the impression from your original message that you were not using
"soft" and were asking if it's safe to use it. Are you saying that even with
the "soft" option the apache gets stuck forever?