Re: Proposal for simplifying NFS/RDMA client memory registration

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 3, 2014, at 7:09 PM, "Christoph Hellwig" <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 12:02:33PM -0500, Chuck Lever wrote:
>> All HCAs in 3.13 (and rxe) can support either MTHCA_FMR or FRMR or both. Wendy?s HCA supports only ALLPHYSICAL.
>
> Is Wendy planning to submit her HCA driver ASAP?  If not there's not
> reason to keep ALLPHYSICAL either.
I second Christoph. Legacy is good as long as there are users of Linux with the legacy server. I would say that the only reason to keep it is if Linux server will support it. Same we apply to Lustre client in kernel.

./Sorin