- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6] Extended file stat system call
- From: David Howells <dhowells@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:54:41 +0100
- Cc: dhowells@xxxxxxxxxx, linux-fsdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-nfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-cifs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, samba-technical@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-ext4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wine-devel@xxxxxxxxxx, kfm-devel@xxxxxxx, nautilus-list@xxxxxxxxx, linux-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, libc-alpha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20120426182524.E5ADF2C0EC@topped-with-meat.com>
- Organization: Red Hat UK Ltd. Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SI4 1TE, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No. 3798903
- References: <20120426182524.E5ADF2C0EC@topped-with-meat.com> <20120419163238.61D382C0DF@topped-with-meat.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Roland McGrath <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I've no particular attachment to the name 'xstat'. If you'd prefer
> > 'statx' I could go for that.
> I prefer something other than xstat and statx(at) seems acceptable enough.
> What I'd really prefer is a name that is less meaninglessly arcane,
> but I haven't thought of any good ones.
fileinfoat() perhaps? I think stat*at() is better, though, as people are used
to the stat function family.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-nfs" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
[Linux USB Development]
[Linux Media Development]
[Video for Linux]
[Linux Audio Users]