Re: linux-next stats (Was: Linux 3.12-rc1)

Hi Stephen,

I am subscribed to linux-next but I did not receive [1].
If you did not CC linux-next, can you do this next time?
Thanks.

Your stats have a lot of number, I am not sure if I read/interpret
them correctly.
Just one number is interesting for me:
How many commits/patches were taken from Linux-next tree 1:1 into v3.12-rc1?
Percentage of them to the total number of commits v3.11..v3.12-rc1?
IOW: How successful is Linux-next?

I am irritated by the number of SHA-IDs vs. number of subject-lines.
If those patches went into v3.12-rc1 from Linux-next both should be
nearly the same.
Can you explain that?

How many trees of maintainers/submaintainers were taken from their
"for-next" trees [2]?
IOW: Without any changes, special preperations "for-linus" (aka
"for-v3.12-rc1")?
IOW #2: How effective work maintainers :-)!

To summarize: I am interested in what went from -next to -rc1 in the
last merge-window.

Thanks for clarification in advance.

Regards,
- Sedat -

P.S.: While digging through the scripts-dir I found "diffconfig". For
your stats I highly recommend to see which Kconfig-options are 1. new
2. changed (name or Y|M|N, especially M->Y).

[1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=137939708327120&w=2
[2] http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git/tree/Next/Trees