Re: linux-next: manual merge of the arm-soc tree with the usb tree

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Benoit Cousson <bcousson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Felipe
>

> On 27/08/2013 21:56, Felipe Balbi wrote:
>>
>> Hi,

>>> For 3.12 stuff, like "fixes", sure, I can take them this week, that
>>> should give us a week or so for linux-next testing, right?
>>

>> that's correct. I have most of them already queued up, let me just go
>> over my linux-usb maildir again and make sure I got all the important
>> stuff in.
>>
>> cheers, thanks for opening this 'window'.
>

> There are two patches in my DTS tree that conflict with the usb-next.
>
> I will remove that one (ARM: dts: AM33XX: don't redefine OCP bus and device
> nodes) , as suggested by Olof, since it is the biggest source of conflict
> from my tree.

Hi Benoit,

Should I re-post this patch for 3.13 or do you think that the clean-up
is not worth it due the high probability to lead to a merge conflict?

I know is an intrusive change but a needed cleanup IMHO. People keep
doing copy & paste with current am33xx DT and keep duplicating device
nodes already existing in the included .dtsi file. I reviewed at least
2 new DTS that had the same issue.

Also, this shouldn't had happened if all the OMAP DT patches went
through your tree...

> The second one is easily fixable, and Stephen already did it, but it will be
> even better it you could take it in your tree.
> This is the patch you did that I just slightly renamed (ARM: OMAP5: dts: fix
> reg property size).
>
> Regards,
> Benoit

Best regards,