Re: linux-next: Tree for Jul 3 [ BROKEN: memcontrol.c:(.text+0x5caa6): undefined reference to `mem_cgroup_sockets_destroy' ]

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Changes since 20130702:
>>>
>>> The powerpc tree lost its build failure.
>>>
>>> The device-mapper tree gained a conflict against the md tree.
>>>
>>> The net-next tree gained a build failure for which I cherry-picked an
>>> upcoming fix.
>>>
>>> The trivial tree gained conflicts against the btrfs and Linus' trees.
>>>
>>> The xen-two tree gained a conflict against the tip tree.
>>>
>>> The akpm tree lost some patches that turned up elsewhere.
>>>
>>> The cpuinit tree lost a patch that turned up elsewhere.

>> From my build-log:
>>  CC      mm/memcontrol.o
>>   MODPOST vmlinux.o
>> WARNING: modpost: Found 1 section mismatch(es).
>> To see full details build your kernel with:
>> 'make CONFIG_DEBUG_SECTION_MISMATCH=y'
>>   GEN     .version
>>   CHK     include/generated/compile.h
>>   UPD     include/generated/compile.h
>>   CC      init/version.o
>>   LD      init/built-in.o
>> mm/built-in.o: In function `mem_cgroup_css_free':
>> memcontrol.c:(.text+0x5caa6): undefined reference to
>> `mem_cgroup_sockets_destroy'
>> make[2]: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
>> make[1]: *** [deb-pkg] Error 2
>> make: *** [deb-pkg] Error 2
>>
>> My kernel-config is attached.
>>

> [ CC linux-mm and Li Zefan ]
>
> Trying with the attached patch... Building...

Looks like this was not a good idea:
  CC      mm/memcontrol.o
mm/memcontrol.c: In function 'mem_cgroup_css_free':
mm/memcontrol.c:6335:2: warning: passing argument 1 of
'mem_cgroup_css_offline' from incompatible pointer type [enabled by
default]
mm/memcontrol.c:6320:13: note: expected 'struct cgroup *' but argument
is of type 'struct mem_cgroup *'

I see I have in my kernel-config...:

# CONFIG_MEMCG_KMEM is not set

...inspired by:

[ net/core/sock.c ]
#ifdef CONFIG_MEMCG_KMEM
int mem_cgroup_sockets_init()
void mem_cgroup_sockets_destroy()
#endif

Not sure if...

[ include/net/sock.h ]
struct cgroup;
struct cgroup_subsys;
#ifdef CONFIG_NET
int mem_cgroup_sockets_init(struct mem_cgroup *memcg, struct cgroup_subsys *ss);
void mem_cgroup_sockets_destroy(struct mem_cgroup *memcg);
#else
static inline
int mem_cgroup_sockets_init(struct mem_cgroup *memcg, struct cgroup_subsys *ss)
{
        return 0;
}
static inline
void mem_cgroup_sockets_destroy(struct mem_cgroup *memcg)
{
}
#endif

...needs some massage.