Re: [GIT PULL/NEXT] sched/arch: Introduce the finish_arch_post_lock_switch() scheduler callback

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 01:44:33PM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Russell King <rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:56:40PM +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > > Look into the fine conflict report Russell: it conflicts with
> > > *Linus's* tree, because it's based off some random
> > > barely-beyond-rc1 development window -rc3 base. Even at the
> > > commit date of Feb 27 we had a more stable base tree available -
> > > and especially when you pulled it, several weeks down the line,
> > > -rc3 was not a defensible base for the integrated result.
> >
> > I'm not going to ask someone to rebase their patches after
> > they've been fully tested on a set of platforms. [...]
>
> That's a new argument which might be a valid concern in general
> *if you make that decision when you pull the tree* - but you
> should admit that you werent even aware of the conflict and of
> the root cause behind it, let alone be in the position to
> consider whether a rebase is justified in that case ...

No Ingo.  I was aware of the conflict, because when I merged it into
my test tree, I got that conflict and fixed it up myself before I
tested the frigging thing.

> So I think you are just making this up on the fly.

If you think that, we have nothing further to discuss.  But I know
I'm right, because:

commit e3507976ee7ad0a58fa68ce919a7acfcfec28e3b
Merge: 4c17fe7 8cee1aa