Re: linux-next: toolchain version for mips builds, esp. cavium

Hi Paul,

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 17:01:07 -0500 Paul Gortmaker <paul.gortmaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The linux-next builds for cavium defconfig have been failing for
> quite some time now, since it tries to use gcc-4.2 and the option
> for the octeon didn't appear until gcc-4.4 ("-march=octeon")

Thanks for working that out.

> What is the process for getting a different toolchain building the
> cavium in linux-next?

We are actually in the process of replacing all our toolchains with newer
ones, but it just takes a bit of time between our "real" work.  (The
tricky part is that the current kisskb build server is PowerPC based.)
Hopefully we will have this sorted out soon.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx