Re: smap output - unnamed entries and heap

2011/3/16 Pádraig Brady <P@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 16/03/11 05:19, Aneesh Bhasin wrote:
>> Also, is there a way in linux (without using
>> dedicated tools like valgrind), to see how much heap or anonymous
>> memory is attributed to code arising from a particular library/binary
>
> You might find ps_mem.py useful.
> If parses smaps and reports RAM usage of a program
>
> http://www.pixelbeat.org/scripts/ps_mem.py
>
> cheers,
> Pádraig.

I did try that script. Unfortunately, I not only want the memory used
for my program but also, which library is contributing to that memory.
To that end, I have written a small script which parses the smap
output in a format more suitable for my analysis.

However, as I wrote earlier, there a lot of anonymous memory regions
listed in smap output (with permission rwxp) - and I do not know of
any way in which I could associate these memory mapping to a
particular library..

Any pointers in this regard will be highly appreciated :)

Regards,
Aneesh