Re: IPv6 Router Advertisements ignored on Orion5x kernel?

Marc Oscar Singer wrote:
Hello,

It is hard for me to tell exactly why this would happen on only
one host in my network.  There are several other ARM devices
on the network and all of them accept router advertisements
and self-assign IPv6 addresses.  The one that is running  2.6.26-orion5x
(Debian armel) will sometimes self-address, but the addresses
disappear after a while.

The radvdump command as well as tcpdump show that the advertisements
are being received.

The host can communication via IPv6 by pinging other hosts on the network
via link-local addresses.

I tried ndisc6, a tool for interpreting router advertisements from user-land, but
it fails on each host I've tried it on.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to debug this problem.

Cheers

FWIW, the problem disappeared with the 2.6.28 kernel.

--
Marc Singer
Bureau of Gizmology

Synapse Product Development, LLC.