Using a dos program that detects a signal on the parrllel port

Hi

I have searched the mailing list for an answer to this and either cand find one or am missing something.

I have dosemu 1.4.0 on puppy linux 5 and can run the program SRM from here

http://www.cenobyte.nl/slotracemanager/hoofdframe.html

The problem is that the access to the parallel port is proving too hard for me to work out.

I can get it so the SRM software can see the port but it doesn't see the trigger of the sensor on the parallel port.

Any help would be appreciated.

Malcolm Salisbury