Re: keys under dosemu

>I just tried run small freeware DOS program "ScanCode Show" (scode.com
>from scode22.zip from Simtelnet) which display scancodes - as You can
>see on attached screenshot, both "Alt-Backspace" and "Ctrl-Insert" are
>captured by scode.
>And when I disable (by gnome-keybinding-properties prog) GNOME default
>binded keys ALT-F1, ALT-F2, ALT-F4, ALT-F8,... then these are available
>for DOSEMU programs as well.
>Then I think there isn't any problem use these combinations in Your DOS
>programs.
>
>Regards,
>Franta Hanzlik

ok, I've got some catching up to do, and the documentation assumes more comfort
& understanding than I have.

I downloaded and ran scode, and obtained 0E00 as the value for ctrl-bkspace.

are you suggesting that since I know that the value of the keystroke, I can use a
keyboard statement in dosemu.conf?

I tried entering

	keyboard {  layout us {alt 14=00E0} ... }

which gave

In file included from built-in global.conf:122
 from :122
 Error in /etc/dosemu/dosemu.conf: (line 672) unrecognized expression 'E0'
 Error in /etc/dosemu/dosemu.conf: (line 672) syntax error
 2 error(s) detected while parsing the configuration-file

I also tried

	keytable keyb-user {alt14=00E0}

with similar results.  I'm sure I am way off, though!

thanks --

rafe