modprobe documentation discrepancy (modules.dep support)

Hi,

the modprobe documentation states that:

%<--------
modprobe expects an up-to-date modules.dep.bin file (or fallback human
readable modules.dep file)

but in reality no fallback happens in the current code. module-init-tools did
the fallback, so I suppose this is a leftover from the previous documentation.

I guess the simplest thing to do would be removing the documentation. On the
other hand the depmod.pl script (from ltib.org) doesn't create the binary
file, so not supporting "legacy" modules.dep breaks some stuff...

--
Best regards | S pozdravom | Mit freundlichen Grüßen | Cordialement

Andrej Krutak
SYSGO