Re: Assertion fails in init_module.c on 32bits

Hi Robert,

please CC linux-modules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx so others can benefit from the

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Robert Milasan <rmilasan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, I'm trying now to build kmod 9 on 64 and 32 bits opensuse. On
> 64bits everything is fine, but on 32bits it fails in init_modules.c:
> 150:assert(mkdir_p(buf, 0755) >= 0);
>
> If I drop assert, all works. Do you have an idea why it fails?

Does "make check" work for you after removing this assert? Some of the
tests that rely on being able to create dirs on testsuite's rootfs
should fail if you didn't create the dirs.

On your 32 bits machine, is your testsuite/rootfs dir (or any of the
dirs below)  read-only?

Lucas De Marchi