Re: Problem with kmod 4 and 'modprobe squashfs'

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Silvan Calarco
<silvan.calarco@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On venerdì 20 gennaio 2012 15:48:51 Lucas De Marchi wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Lucas De Marchi
>>
>> <lucas.demarchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Did you compile with --enable-debug?
>>
>> Ahn, sorry. I forgot modprobe sets the logging level itself. Could you
>> run instead the following command (yeah, there are 8 "v")?
>>
>> modprobe -vvvvvvvv squashfs
>
> Ok, new screenshot attached. There is a extra "use mmapped index" line in the
> failing case which maybe helps to find the clue.
> Sorry, I didn't have a lot of time today, but now I'm going to join the irc
> channel.

Just to let everybody know, it's fixed in -git. modprobe should not
try to load modules by path. It only deals with module names and
aliases.

Silvan, thanks for joining #kmod and helping debug.

Lucas De Marchi