Re: mwifiex_sdio on chromebook

On 11/05/2013 09:38 AM, Alexander Varnin wrote:
04.11.2013 23:46, Bing Zhao пишет:
Hi Alexander,

Your Chromebook supports SDIO high speed mode (SDIO 2.0 spec). So
50MHz is correct.
Ok, but mainline kernel doesn't try this frequency. It tries 400kHz at
most.

What are you trying to do here? Are you trying to run a mainline kernel on your Chromebook?
Yes. I've got kernel 3.4 from Google Chrome OS. It works ok for
mwifiex_sdio. But I want to run mainline kernel. As of 3.11 it is able
to boot on Chromebook, but WiFi doesn't work.
I don't know why you want to do that, but the mainline kernel won't work on your Chromebook unless you port all platform specific changes over from chromeos-3.4 tree.

You said mmc_attach_sdio function fails. The mwifiex_sdio driver and
the firmware will not be loaded at all.
Ok, that is clear.

CONFIG_MMC_DEBUG=y, and collect the debug logs.
This way seems not very useful, because there is also internal and
external storage on mmc bus, so log quickly get garbaged with it. Dmesg
seems to be overflowed and forgets early initialization. I have made a
dirty hack to collect some useful info about initialization. I am
attaching it. Please check, if I need to add something. Will it be
useful this way?
As said above, this won’t work because the Chromebook specific changes aren't present in mainline kernel. Anyway you can take a look at the chromium OS developer guide.

http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-guide

Thanks,
Bing

It is ported at most already and mainline kernel works good on
Chromebook. It is just peripheral problem.

Not sure how chromium os architecture looks like, but you mean to say *you* ported code in chromium user-space to work with upstream/mainline kernel API's?

Regards,
Arend