Re: [patch 00/11] userspace out of memory handling

On Thu 06-03-14 16:33:24, Tejun Heo wrote:
> A bit of addition.
>
> On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 01:23:57PM -0800, David Rientjes wrote:
> > This patchset provides a solution to a real-world problem that is not
> > solved with any other patchset.  I expect it to be reviewed as any other
> > patchset, it's not an "RFC" from my perspective: it's a proposal for
> > inclusion.  Don't worry, Andrew is not going to apply anything
> > accidentally.
>
> I can't force it down your throat but I feel somewhat uneasy about how
> this was posted without any reference to the previous discussion as if
> this were just now being proposed especially as the said discussion
> wasn't particularly favorable to this approach.  Prefixing RFC or at
> least pointing back to the original discussion seems like the
> courteous thing to do.

Completely agreed! My first impression when I saw the patchset yesterday
was that it was posted for sake of future LSF discussion. I was also
curious about the missing RFC. Posting it as a proposal for inclusion is
premature before any conclusion is reached.
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs