Re: omap3isp device tree support

Hello,

On 12/06/2013 11:13 AM, Enrico wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i know there is some work going on for omap3isp device tree support,
> but right now is it possible to enable it in some other way in a DT
> kernel?

The DT support is not yet ready, but an RFC binding has been proposed.
It won't be ready for 3.14.

> I've tried enabling it in board-generic.c (omap3_init_camera(...) with
> proper platform data) but it hangs early at boot, do someone know if
> it's possible and how to do it?

I did the same a few days ago, and went through several problems
(panics, half DT support,...). Now I am able to probe the ISP, I still
have one kernel panic to fix. Hope to send the patches in 1 or 2 days.
We are still in a transition period, but things should calm down in the
coming releases.

Cheers,

Florian

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg69424.html