Re: Hauppauge HVR-900 HD and HVR 930C-HD with si2165

On 08/18/2013 06:00 PM, Ulf wrote:

I added Mr. Hans Petter Selasky back to Cc. I think it is better to keep all involved in To/Cc even it is mailing list. Personally I pay special attention for messages coming to my INBOX than those which are filtered to list basis folders. And everyone could personalize from mailing list settings if he wants duplicates or will mailing list drop it.

Hi,

It is DVB-S driver. HVR-900 is DVB-T and DVB-C.
The si2168 is a DVB-T2, DVB-T, and DVB-C demodulator http://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documents/TechnicalDocs/Si2168-A20-short.pdf.

I tried to apply the dvbsky-linux-3.9-hps-v2.diff to media_build.git (used do_patches.sh from http://www.selasky.org/hans_petter/distfiles/webcamd-3.10.0.7.tar.bz2), but I was not able to compile it. I already changed some includes, but then I got the next error.
I just wanted to test if the si2168 module will work with si2165, but as I don't expect it to work I stopped trying to compile the si2168.

I looked wrong place and driver =)

That driver is asked few times already, nice!

+    History:
+	Max Nibble wrote the initial code, but only released it in
+	binary form. Assembly to C conversion done by HP Selasky.
+	Some possible endian issues fixed.

It is big possibility same DVB-T/C/T2 blocks are used with different chips as none wants to reinvent the wheel. That has happened many times.

I wonder is there any change to start mainlining that driver as it is converted from the binary? Make documentation and then write clean driver?

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/