Re: [RFC] Initial scan files troubles and brainstorming

On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 10:43:23AM +0100, Oliver Schinagl wrote:
> On 08-01-13 21:01, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> >>In their defense, they are very very busy people ;) chatter on this
> >>thread does bring it up however.
> >This is such a nice thing to say :-)
> >But it might be that Mauro thinks the dvb-apps maintainer should
> >respond, but apparently there is no dvb-apps maintainer...
> >Maybe you should ask Mauro directly to create an account for you
> >to implement what you proposed.
> Mauro is CC'ed and I'd ask of course for this (I kinda did) but who
> decides what I suggested is a good idea? I personally obviously
> think it is ;) and even more so if dvb-apps are unmaintained.

Well, if you become the dvb-apps maintainer, then _you_ decide
if it's a good idea.  That's part of the defintion of "maintainer" :-)
It doesn't hurt to listen to users, but if no one comments
you can do whatever you want with it.

But I'm only acting as kind of a webmaster, Mauro creates the accounts.
So we have to wait for him to respond.

> I guess the question now becomes 'who okay's this change? Who says
> 'okay, lets do it this way. Once that is answered we can go from
> there ;)

I guess you could ask the maintainer of the dvb-apps package
of your favourite distribution for opinions, and also check
which other packages depend on dvb-apps.

Johannes