Re: A reliable kernel panic (3.6.2) and system crash when visiting a particular website

On 21.10.2012 13:59, Artem S. Tashkinov wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2012, Borislav Petkov wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 01:57:21AM +0000, Artem S. Tashkinov wrote:
>>> The freeze happens on my *host* Linux PC. For an experiment I decided
>>> to check if I could reproduce the freeze under a virtual machine - it
>>> turns out the Linux kernel running under it also freezes.
>>
>> I know that - but a freeze != oops - at least not necessarily. Which
>> means it could very well be a different issue now that vbox is gone.
>>
>> Or, it could be the same issue with different incarnations: with vbox
>> you get the corruptions and without it, you get the freezes. I'm
>> assuming you do the same flash player thing in both cases?
>>
>> Here's a crazy idea: can you try to reproduce it in KVM?
>
> OK, dismiss VBox altogether - it has a very buggy USB implementation, thus
> it just hangs when trying to access my webcam.

Ok.

> What I've found out is that my system crashes *only* when I try to enable
> usb-audio (from the same webcam) - I still have no idea how to capture a
> panic message, but I ran
>
> "while :; do dmesg -c; done" in xterm, then I got like thousands of messages
> and I photographed my monitor:
>
> http://imageshack.us/a/img685/9452/panicz.jpg

A hint at least. How did you enable the audio record exactly? Can you
reproduce this with arecord?

What chipset are you on? Please provide both "lspci -v" and "lsusb -v"
dumps. As I said, I fail to reproduce that issue on any of my machines.

Daniel