Re: [RFC] Timestamps and V4L2

Hi all,

As a summar from the discussion, I think we have reached the following
conclusion. Please say if you agree or disagree with what's below. :-)

- The drivers will be moved to use monotonic timestamps for video buffers.
- The user space will learn about the type of the timestamp through buffer
flags.
- The timestamp source may be made selectable in the future, but buffer
flags won't be the means for this, primarily since they're not available on
subdevs. Possible way to do this include a new V4L2 control or a new IOCTL.

Kind regards,

--
Sakari Ailus
e-mail: sakari.ailus@xxxxxx	XMPP: sailus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx