Re: Zolid USB DVB-T Tuner Pictures

On 08-10-12 14:16, Jens Bauer wrote:
Hi Oliver.

On Mon, 08 Oct 2012 14:01:03 +0200, Oliver Schinagl wrote:

(I must admit that I find it a bit confusing when 'Edit' does not do
what I expect, but there's probably a reason for that).
I assume you have created an account and can edit various pages;
Yep, so far, so good. :)

I opened the DVB-T Usb page and clicked on the 'edit' icon to the
right of the Zolid mini dvb-t stick. I then jumped to the
zolid-mini-dvb-t-stick-v1 section on the Template:USB_Device_Data
page.
I can do that too, no problem. I end up here:
<http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Template:USB_Device_Data#zolid-mini-dvb-t-stick-v1>

There is a [edit] 'button' to the right of th title.
{snip}
Not on my end. The page I have now says...
---8<-----8<-----8<-----
"zolid-mini-dvb-t-stick-v1
The data for the device zolid-mini-dvb-t-stick-v1 is right here. You just can't see it because it is meant to be used in a template 'transclusion'. If you are logged in you can click on the [edit] link to the right to change the data for this device. If you are not logged in, you can click on the view source tab at the top of this page to at least see how data is stored here.
It's probably best if you open the edit link in a separate tab. That way you can use this tab to read the explanation of the syntax above or jump back to the place where you came from and see how your changes look there. (Don't forget that your browser cache or the wiki's rendering cache might need some time or persuasion to catch up with the new content.)"
----->8----->8----->8---
...And there are no clickable links there.
I have that too, if i'm not logged in :) if you are logged in, it should work (with an active account). Try 'private session' or whatever you have in your browser (ctrl-p top of my head in ff) and ensure you login. If it still does not work, something else may be broken.

I have all ad-blockers turned off, and no custom/user CSS in my browser; also tried in Opera, no dice...

If, on the other hand, I scroll to the top of this page, and click the "View Source" tab, I get the following in the top of the new page:
---8<-----8<-----8<-----
   The action you have requested is limited to users in the group: Users.

   You can view and copy the source of this page:"
----->8----->8----->8---
Is your account very new? You may not be authorised after all yet? I don't know the answer then.

This opens the template 'table' for your dvice. Where it says
'pic=[[image:Mini.jpg|120px]] you can replace that with the filename
of your image.
I guess this is supposed to happen, but it does not happen for me. Perhaps I need some access granted from somewhere or someone ?

If you haven't uploaded it yet, going back to the regular DVB-T USB
overview page should now show a missing picture. Clicking on that
should allow you to upload your image :)

Furthermore, you can make a wikilink from the device field to link to
a specific device page (or create one) to place more pictures. See
for example the device=[[ASUS_My_Cinema ...|My Cinema U3100 ...]] bit
for the Asus U3100 Mini.
I'll remember this for when I get the first part to work. :)

Love
Jens