Re: Terratec H7 aka az6007 with CI

Antti Palosaari skrev 2012-08-27 12:03:
On 08/26/2012 10:52 PM, Roger Mårtensson wrote:
The pattern are:
* Open up device / Start Kaffeine
* Tune to encrypted channel / Choose channel in Kaffeine
* Close Device / Close Kaffeine
* Open device / Start Kaffeine
* Watch channel

The exact procedure that MythTV uses when tuning to a channel.

Not exactly sure if this is a driver bug or a Kaffeine bug since I'm
just a user.

It is likely driver bug.

You could take sniffs from windows and do some hacking. It should not be
very hard to fix.

Sorry but that is a no go for me.. It is in production now and my boss(AKA Wife) would do some unspeakable to me if I do anything that interrupts her favourite shows. Just kidding about the last part but not about running on windows. Sorry.

I will do my best if you or anyone else need any debugging done and/or testing of patches that I can use when compiling media_build.

The "normal" way that do not work in Kaffeine are:
* Start Kaffeine
* Tune to an encrypted channel
* If that works tune to another encrypted channel which will not work.

Since it is working with my main application I'm satisfied but look at
this as a formal bug report. If you need any help or testing I'm willing
to help time permitting. I know that some of you doing the actual work
doesn't have access to a CAM but if you need debugging information or
any output just notify me directly.

I'm am running a relativly new media_build. Haven't been able to test
the latest media_build since it is stopping on a compile error. (As of
25 of August 2012)

I don't see that, but it is not surprise as I use latest Kernel.

Also latest build test logs shows all builds are working
http://hverkuil.home.xs4all.nl/logs/Sunday.log

I did some more testing today and it seems that my media_build environment was in a funky state. Will try to take some time and install latest and greatest not that I'm very optimistic. Mauro did some work lately on the driver but he said it shouldn't have anything to do about this problem and the commit messages seems to be about something entirely different.

Since it is setup correctly when opening the device it looks like the same stuff has to be done when tuning? Maybe a forced CAM-reset or something? Well.. Now I'm just guessing.

Since the driver is the same for DVB-T and DVB-C both types should experience the same problem.

Isn't there anyone else on this list with this device with access to a CAM/CI that could help? Pretty please? :-)

Thanks again for the response. Sorry I couldn't help with USB snooping .
It is a very good device and I sure would like to get it to work even on kaffeine :). It's quite new. Still in production and with working CI. That is a rare thing in Linux.

Thanks again for the hard work with the driver (Mauro for the inclusion
and Jose for the CI. Hopefully I got the names right).

It is much appreciated by me and my better half.

regards
Antti