Re: [Workshop-2011] Media summit at the Kernel Summit - was: Fwd: Re: [Ksummit-2012-discuss] Organising Mini Summits within the Kernel Summit

Hi Guennadi,

On Friday 24 August 2012 14:11:58 Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Aug 2012, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> > Em 22-08-2012 18:39, Naveen KRISHNAMURTHY escreveu:
> > > Hi Mauro,
> > >
> > > Can you please provide the schedule for the linuxTV discussions this
> > > time at San Diego? Which day will it be on? If you have a detailed
> > > schedule, please pass on. I am planning to be in only on that day as I
> > > cannot stay back more than that this time around.>
> >
> > The media workshop will be at Tuesday, August 28th, with the following
> > agenda, for the ones that got the invitation:
> >     morning:
> >            V4L2 API ambiguities + v4l2 compliance tool: 60 min
> >            Media Controller library: 30 min
> >            ALSA and V4L/Media Controller: 30 min
> >            ARM and needed features for V4L/DVB: 30 min
> >
> >     - after lunch:
> >            SoC Vendors feedback ? how to help them to go upstream: 45 min
> >            V4L2/DVB issues from userspace perspective: 45 min
> >            Android's V4L2 cam library: 30 min
>
> Wow, this is interesting... Have I proposed this? :-) Or is anyone else
> working on an alternative solution?... I don't mind talking about this, if
> indeed my work is meant, just really cannot remember discussing taking
> this topic to the KS... I might have forgotten though... /me confused :-)
>
> >            HDMI CEC: 30 min
> >            Synchronization, shared resource and optimizations: 30 min
>
> What happened to the V4L DT topic? I believe, Sylwester and I have been
> discussing this pretty intensively over the last couple of weeks and,
> hopefully, are just about to submit an example V4L .dts fragment.

I believe it was deemed to be a too complex topic that would take too much
time to fit in the schedule. I will be free on Monday to discuss this, should
we organize a (informal) meeting ?

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart